Subject: [Leica] Better Homes and Gardens + off topic question.
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 06:53:51 -0500

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Vince Passaro <passaro.vince at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In most of the US what you're thinking of is called a shed.  In real
estate
> there is a term for any building that is separate from the house: carriage
> house, summer kitchen, chicken coop, etc: is it "out building"? I have
never
> purchased a home so I'm not the guy.  But: it's NOT outhouse.

Shall we trust Wikapedia?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outhouse

The term outhouse originally referred to an outbuilding, or any small
structure away from a main building, used for a variety of purposes, but
mainly for activities not wanted in the main house. Outhouses are used for
storage, animals, and cooking, to name a few uses. Larger structures have
names such as barn, stable, woodshed, detached garage and storage shed.

In North American English, an outhouse (sometimes also called a backhouse or
a privy) is now a small enclosure around a pit that is used as a toilet.
Most outhouses have one or two holes. One well-built example had four large
holes and one small hole, for a child.

--
Regards,

Sonny