Subject: [Leica] Best GPS
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:00:07 -0400

Steve asks:
"what is the best GPS unit for use in a car, and for working with a mac
please?"

- - - -

Steve,
I don't know the best one for the Mac, but for me the best one for a car is
the Tom Tom 1, the simplest and just about the cheapest. It performs all the
basic functions, shows distance and direction to turns, has both a speed
indication and calculates the time to the destination, and has a good voice
output (if you don't mind taking directions form a lady). You can find a
refurbished unit on the market from Geeks.com or TigerDirect.com for about
$50. True, it doesn't show pictures or play MP3s. That's what an iPod or
iPhone is for. But the Tom Tom has never steered me wrong.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird) ([Leica] Best GPS)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Best GPS)
Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Best GPS)