Subject: [Leica] Similar images, M3 and M8
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:51:52 -0400

Henning,
What's your point? We have the images and that's all that counts. I matched
the pictures as closely as I could and examined them side by side. On my
monitor there was hardly any difference and I said just that. I don't care
if one was taken through the bottom of a Coke bottle and the other through a
Summicron. They looked pretty much alike. Remember, It is the image, not the
equipment, that matters. My miniscule preference for the film image was
personal and subjective and not based on pixel count, camera, or lens type.
What the hell, it might have been due to the glint in the boy's eye.
Larry Z

Henning writes:

I really think you (and I) don't have enough information available to

us from and in these images to come to those sort of conclusions.

Scanning and processing as well as the different lenses etc make that

sort of comparison illusory.