Subject: [Leica] HCB exhibit and the New Yorker Review
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:38:47 -0400

> ?He traveled all over the goddamned world, and you never felt that he was
> moved by something that was happening other than the beauty of it, or just
> the
> composition.? The problem of Cartier-Bresson?s art is the conjunction of
> aesthetic classicism and journalistic protocol: timeless truth and breaking
> news. He rendered a world that, set forth at MOMA by the museum?s chief
> curator of photography, Peter Galassi, richly satisfies the eye and the
> mind,
> while numbing the heart.

That hack...er, reviewer, can write what he likes.

Then there's this one by HC-B:

http://www.merlinsilk.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/cartier-bresson.jp

Not about heart-numbing beauty or form, but a thought-provoking piece of
visual story-telling about which I (and many others, I bet) have pondered
many thousands of words.

Emanuel