Subject: [Leica] Friday flower hw
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:10:10 -0700

Thanks, Jim. I find the 200 micro Nikkor very easy to use on the G1;
it's the most used non-Panasonic lens I have on that system. I always
like macro shots with a 400mm angle of view, and have the extension
tube for the 400/560 Telyts. But those become 800 and 1120 macro
lenses then, and that _does_ become difficult. Naturally, I've also
tried putting the 560 Telyt with extension tube on the Bellows II and
G1 for extreme macro, but that combo is definitely starting to get
awkward, and I sometimes have trouble finding my subject through the
viewfinder.

But the 200/4 is easy. Old age is starting to make inroads here as
well, but maybe in other areas... :-). I can still hand hold the 400
Telyt at 1/125sec for sharp shots for about a 50% hit rate.

The nice thing with digital is that if the subject is cooperative, I
can take 4 or 5 shots in fairly short order and bring my percentage
at 1/125sec up from 50% to over 90%, even without IS.

The magnolia blossom was so large that it was hardly a macro shot,
and that makes it easier to avoid motion blur, and it also makes
focussing accuracy as the transition of in-focus/out-of-focus isn't
as drastic, and a slight wobble in the photographer doesn't ruin the
shot as easily.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design