Subject: [Leica] LUG wiki logo candidates
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 14:49:59 -0400

> ditto.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dick

They way most cameras have been sold over the counter over the decades is
people look through them and if the feel like they can see they buy the
camera..
If they can't see through the darned thing they keep looking.
The reason why monitor viewing is so popular now is the bulk of the camrea
buying public feels like they can see what they are doing when they take a
picture with one. They seem to like not trying to look into some little
thing.
99.9 of the R&D in the camera industry goes to such consumer camera design
and they are very responsive to the human ergonomic needs of the teeming
multitudes.
Monitor viewing is so pervasive and persuasive and ubiquitous its even
influenced serious camrea design for pros and very serious amateurs. LIVE
VIEW its called I think. People live and die for it. I can live without it.
But I've don't some shooting with a Dlux 3 and found it delightful this way.
I think there's all kinds of shots you can get this way you cant get looking
through the little thing and pointing it at sombody.
Its like a high tech extension of waist level viewing or "action finder"
viewing. Its like waking up and its the future. 2001. 1984. I'm all over it.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] LUG wiki logo candidates)