Subject: [Leica] ADVICE- CARRY CAMERA
From: vroger at gmail.com (Roger Rubin)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 09:42:16 -0400

Hi All: I understand Larry's question very well- As I have written many
times in the past, his problem is the same as mine- street photography (in
the moment pics) with minimal equipment. I have the G11 and use ONLY the
optical vf. I have at times supplemented it with an accessory vf, setting
the "custom" feature so thhat the lens extends to 50mm when I turn the
digicam on. I have owned and traded the G7, 9, and 10. The 11 is the best of
the lot, with the 10 running a very close second. There is only one problem
for street photos- the shutter lag, though relatively minimal is still not
in the class that Larry is used to from an analogue camera. All in all,
however, for a "flat" pocketable very very versatile camera ( the lens is a
bit slow), the G11 seems to fill the bill. High ISO "grab" stuff is also
quite good (see below). vroger

http://v-images.smugmug.com/Other/G11/10238311_DtWXe#705938556_uRZk3-L-LB

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] ADVICE- CARRY CAMERA)