Subject: [Leica] Shiny Screen iMac Calibration Question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:16:28 -0400

> Mark - I'll take a look at some of them when I get home tonight.  The only
> files I checked initially were from the last year - and, as I mentioned,
> Lluis
> and Nathan's websites.  It's a good question.
>
> One thing I have noticed though, is that after doing the calibration my
> recent
> images wanted more exposure correction upward and my pictures look
> brighter as
> a result.  I didn't think of them as being muddy before and no one on the
> LUG
> said they were, but to my eyes, they now look muddy unless I increase
> exposure. g
>
> I *really* like they way they look now and that's true of both my color and
> B&W images.  The B&W ones in particular have taken on a snap they didn't
> have
> before.
>
> The pictures I posted this morning were brightened this way.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dick

My shiny screen might the whites a bit blown out and the blacks just a tad
crushed.
Bu the bottom line is I trust Steve Jobs. These are the screens they are
making. And Mac as not the first with them LED"s fight for you!
I guess if the pix people are seeing on my LUG gallery are all funny people
will say something.
Meanwhile I"m cramming on Dreamweaver.

I believe I can make it through the next two weeks.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Shiny Screen iMac Calibration Question)