Subject: [Leica] good small flash for M9
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 12:13:58 -0400

Ted Grant wrote:

Have I screwed up because I didn't have a flash? Yep! I'm the first to
admit
it! But the photographer standing beside me tripped his flash on the count
of three and I tripped my shutter at precisely the same time the flash went
off adding extra illumination and saved me ass! ;-) Quite honestly more
luck
than good management! ;-)

I still don't own one and it's highly unlikely I'll ever at this late
miserable stage of life.  :-(

I don't see your post as a rant, rather a difference of opinion and style
of
shooting. As in, "too each his own."
<<<

"To each his own" is how I see it too.  I own a flash, and I've used it on
my Leica (a big fat R8/DMR, not a svelte little M9) and as Ted wrote, it
destroys the light that motivated me in the first place.  But it has its
place: there are times when the beauty of existing light is secondary to
getting a recognizable image.  The trick is to know when and when not to
use it.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] good small flash for M9)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] good small flash for M9)