Subject: [Leica] WikiLeaks
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 23:51:22 -1000

Well this topic started out on the Lug Forum where I thought it belonged
and still think it belongs there.

Anyone watch the 39 minute video?

It seems there were engagement with hostile forces, small arms and RPG
fire, in the local area. In this situation anyone with a weapon is going
to be considered an enemy. The photojournalist were in the presence of
armed individuals and it appears their camera gear was mistaken for
weapons. (there are some very compact assault rifles). Why the
photojournalists were there was not explained but they were not in a
safe place.

It's war guys. People are shooting back and forth at each other with the
strongest intent to kill. (or trying to liquefy your body with an IED)
Things get crazy when shooting starts.

Personally I wish there were no wars but it seems to be human nature.
The Iraq war was a huge mistake from the get go. The only winners were
the military industry, everyone else is a looser.

Enough!