Subject: [Leica] From a Sunday walk in the park: cherry buds, a fallen tree, and a suspicious emblem.
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 01:29:42 -0400

First, in answer to Barney's blossoms, I offer New York's buds, like
muscular little tough guys who carry knives in their boots, not big floppy
flowery petals like down South.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/toast+eatin_+bog+man/sunday+in+the+park+April+2010/Cherry+buds+2.JPG.html

And what possible reason could there be for someone to go around and nail in
E.U. flag insignia's on Westchester trees? are people really that excited
about the EU? There's a lot of French people around here (New Rochelle,
Larchmont, founded by Huegenots) but wouldn't they put up the French flag?
Anyway, our EU friends can confirm this is the EU flag and man this is the
New World Order a little too close to home. Luckily, I was focused on the
forsythia branch in the foreground:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/toast+eatin_+bog+man/sunday+in+the+park+April+2010/Tree+with+forsythia+and+strange+emblem.JPG.html

Finally can anyone tell me what kind of tree this is? It looked like
magnificent wood and I kept thinking there must be sculptors out there who'd
go crazy for this giant trunck pieces.... I'm guessing elm or oak -- more
likely oak but the bark is elm-y... or hawthorn? There must be folks who can
just by the bark?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/toast+eatin_+bog+man/sunday+in+the+park+April+2010/A+tree+taken+down+by+the+big+storm.JPG.html

C and C on these or any of the other few pictures in the set most welcome. I
was working with an unfamiliar AF lens that doesn't AF on my camera so
results are even more spotty than usual.

Vince P

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] From a Sunday walk in the park: cherry buds, a fallen tree, and a suspicious emblem.)