Subject: [Leica] A comment on a few lens wide open...
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:33:54 -0700

I shots a few photos with the Nokton 50/1.1, Summilux 75/1.4, and the Zeiss
85/2 wide open last night. You can see a sample or two on the last post I
made re: "IMGs: Family"

Some photos you won't see, for example, the 85/2. Why? Because even at wide
open, it's so deadly sharp that you point that thing at any women over 20
and they may break your lens, and camera. I had a 90/2 AA once (this 85/2 is
a replacement), and I don't recall it being this sharp at this close
distance (5 feet).

The color is also definitely different. The Zeiss is slight redder, while
the Nokton and the 'lux less red (than what I see with my eyes).

Quite educational in terms of the color rendition.

p.s. I know why I don't bother with testing focus shift on the Nokton 50/1.1
- that lens only get used on 1.1 or 1.4 at most :-) so I don't right care if
the focus shift somewhere else...

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/> blog: <
http://imagecraft.wordpress.com>