Subject: [Leica] How healthy is street photography?
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:57:06 -0600

Vince Passaro wrote:
What's unusual about our own time is the
coincidence of two developments: the end of real criticism; and the opening
of venues with no 'gatekeepers' -- editors, curators, etc -- who are the
arbiters, for good or ill, of what qualifies as first rate at any given
time.

This is something I think about all the time since I do peer review for
health science journals.  It's a big responsibility to be a gatekeeper, and
both a good and bad thing IMO. I never considered it in relation to street
photography, but it's a good point.  We're just totally flooded with images
these days.  Just as we're flooded with internet 'science'.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE