Subject: [Leica] R lens option for DSLR
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:09:46 -0400

> While I love my R8/DMR, it is a heavy package (on par with the Nikon D3
> and Canon 1D series), a very big contrast to my M8 and lenses.  Of the
> two, the R8/DMR images are better as far as color & white balance and
> dynamic range.  Because of the weight difference though, I do use the M8
> more, especially with WA lenses.  Focussing is also easier with the M8.
> ;-)  I will also make my vote for R lenses on R8/9/DMR cameras over using
> them on Nikon or Canon DSLRs.
>
> Gene

After our last trip with the DMR, I "decided" that I needed to think about
its future and even toyed with selling. Probably should, as people seem to
still be buying some of this stuff, but what to replace it with. And so in
the end I've done nothing at all but lie on the beach wrapped up in a
shawl. If I need an SLR in the near future, I think it will still be the
R9/dmr, but I'd so love Leica to "upgrade" the system.

Dreaming. After all, I'd love Rollei to release a digital back for the
3003 as well ;-)

Alastair