Subject: [Leica] RIP Jim Marshall
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:15:19 -0400

In 1999, Jim Marshall and I corresponded a little and then talked by phone a
few times about Leica gear. Jim -- like me -- was a certified gearhead. Yes,
he preferred the M4 (his were modified) above all other Ms.

But more important: he took some of my favourite photos. Janis Joplin with
the Southern Comfort mickey is one.

Lucky man, he was, at a time when his nation was in turmoil, he saw the best
of it.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro) ([Leica] RIP Jim Marshall)