Subject: [Leica] Any S2 experiences?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 03:12:17 -0400

> That is insane. You can count the hairs. You can see teeny tiny crap
> floating in the kitten's left eye. Stuff so small even he doesn't know it's
> there.
>
> Rabs: they were apes. I mean, it's ESSENTIAL to the whole story that they
> were apes.
>
> It's a funny reference though because, like the S2, the obelisk is what
> taught Man to Kill.
>
> On an entirely other front: were you saying in the other thread in the post
> about film that you shoot 800 color neg film and then desaturate it to b/w
> afterward in photoshop or lightroom? Hmmm. I must try that.
>
> I use a lot of C41 too -- the Kodak is very good -- and have CVS do it and
> put it on disc same day for like six bucks total.  They're as reliable at
> that as B&H is these days at the Tri X.
>
> But I do love that Tri X and do think nothing looks quite like it when one
> gets it right.
>

> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 2:07 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> Rabs,
>>>
>>> In your honor, an S2 box opening!
>>>
>>> http://www.ancientmoney.org/rabs.html
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> John
>>

>> 2001 theme.
>> Monkeys.
>> Obelisk.
>>
>> S2 70mm f2.5 !
>> So you had to down rez that by 100 times?
>> Each whisker is 100 pixels across?
>>
>> [Rabs]
>> Mark William Rabiner

It is a big moment for Leica.
Three years ago they were spoken of everywhere including here strictly in
the past tense now they are leading the way.
At B&H its flagship is only $22,995.00  The perfect solution for kitty cat
emails and uploads. I imagine it might also work on doggies too!
I'd get some black tape and a white marker and write Pentax on it before I
brought it into the city. Just in case one of the muggers reads dpreview.
I'm looking forward to seeing it hanging around somebody's neck on the
sidewalk. I'm bringing scissors. And sneakers. And a reversible  Trenchcoat.
Plus an entirely different set of ID and wallet. A hat with a blond mullet
wig sewn into the bottom of it.  And some iron on tattoo's.

f  30 x 45 mm's and be there.

Congrats on the S2 to  you and the next guy too.
And  may the next guy be me or run slower than me.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Any S2 experiences?)