Subject: [Leica] IMG: Kabul Park (with Wendy's help)
From: hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:17:26 +0430

Today, Wendy and I went out in Kabul to take photos.  We cannot just
walk the streets, we have to go in a vehicle.  The security people
took us to a local park.  Later there will be photos of Kabul Zoo.

These are the first few, film very kindly developed by Wendy, mostly
scanned by Hugh.

This one shows how people build on severe slopes around Kabul, I have
no idea how people get to the top ones, that is for later investigation

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Hugh+Thompson/Kabul+Park/120310-18.jpg.html

This is a water feature, currently waterless, from the Mosque at the top

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Hugh+Thompson/Kabul+Park/120310-7.jpg.html

The park is semi formal with wide walking paths

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Hugh+Thompson/Kabul+Park/120310-24.jpg.html

There is a carpet store in the formal square through which you pass to
enter the park, these folks were thinking .....

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Hugh+Thompson/Kabul+Park/120310-27.jpg.html

Lovely little box outside the store, a little weathered

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Hugh+Thompson/Kabul+Park/120310-26.jpg.html

M3 and 50mm 2.8 Elmar

C&Cs encouraged

Hugh