Subject: [Leica] FS: 90mm Elmarit F2.8 Type 1 (c. 1960)
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:30:03 -0500

Okay I try again after sunrise in the South Pacific.

I've been using this lens on the Panasonic G1 and it's really too
front-heavy for such a trivial camera: I have a 90 Elmar-C F4 that's just as
sharp and much lighter and easier to handle; enough so that a steadier grasp
more than compensates for the lost stop. I have to say the colors of the
Elmarit 2.8 are just a bit richer but, feh. Soooo.... I'd like to see the
Elmarit in the hands of a LUGger who'd enjoy it and use it more than I can.

I'm looking for best offer. Blades appear to have a a few spots but are
functioning very well, they move very smoothly and the aperture sets with a
firm click. Focuses smoothly and easily with just enough resistance. Glass
very clear. Cosmetically, on the barrel, one half-thumbnail-sized piece of
that faux leather material that dries and gets brittle (can it be real
leather?)  has broken off the band of black around the base, a fact which I
didn't notice until today as it's also black underneath it and it's on the
bottom of the lens when mounted where one sees very little unless one is a
child.  Chrome is pristeen and I have Genu--aiyne Leica chrome lens cap to
match.

Contact me off list. Many thanks for your attention.

Vince P