Subject: [Leica] Another M8 malfunction, this time with the thumbwheel
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:54:35 +0900

In the last couple of days my thumbwheel has been playing up.  I take
a shot, sometimes want to check focus, and turn the wheel.
Then... sometimes nothing happens.  Or... it zooms in once.  Then
nothing.  Then click-turn again and it zooms back out to where it was,
and all the turning will not get it any closer in than one click
usually gives.
Ach.  When I try the thumbwheel in the menu I get the same problem.
It goes down one menu level with one click, nothing the next, then up
back to the top level with the next click, and so on like that, up and
down only for the first two choices. At least I can use the up and
down keys for the menu.

Every now and again, it will zoom in properly, but then it
malfunctions again, most of the time.

Anyone else had this?

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao) ([Leica] Another M8 malfunction, this time with the thumbwheel)