Subject: [Leica] Display differences
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 18:45:57 -0500

Overly light or dark images on computer screens may be the result of Mac vs.
PC differences in screen calibration. As I recall, Macs, until just
recently, were adjusted to a gamma of 1.8, PCs to a gamma of 2.2. Thus an
image which looks fine of a Mac screen might be too dark and contrasty on a
PC. And a perfect PC picture might come off as light and lower in contrast
on a Mac. Fortunately the gamma can be readjusted. Latest model Macs and PCs
both use a gamma of 2.2.
Larry Z

- - - -

Thank you very much Ric for your comment, it helps me a lot, I'm not

sure if my monitor is well calibrated, i.e. I see perfectly the

pictures from Nathan, he has the same monitor as me iMac. Maybe I

should buy an Spyder and calibrate my monitor.

Saludos

Lluis

El 03/03/2010, a las 16:01, Ric Carter escribi?:

You commented that my pics looked washed out, and yours are looking

dark to me

i think our screens do not like each other.

liked the couple and the leopard coat here

ric