Subject: [Leica] Sensor cleaning revisited
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:50:21 -0800

My experience.....

Got the M8, love it.  Shoot around the house, love it.  Go on a trip, look
at images.. all covered in dust.  A LOT of dust.   BIG dust.  Hate it,
Have not touched the camera in 3 weeks.... trying to decide what to do about
the dust and the camera.
Was about to send it to Leica for cleaning, when I realized I must learn to
clean it myself.....so go buy all this "stuff" ( $150 worth of "stuff") to
clean the sensor....then find out I may have bought some of the wrong
"stuff"....
I may need to spend more money on "stuff"

Yes, it is supposed to be cheaper to shoot digital but I am not so sure.....

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Subject: Re: [Leica] Sensor cleaning revisited

I just spent ~$240 on the Arctic Butterfly and some sensor swab and fluid
and this and that. If I can't clean the cr*p off well, I am going to get it
cleaned "professionally."

The swab comes out to be around almost $4 each. So much for saving money by
not buying film!!!

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Sensor cleaning revisited)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Sensor cleaning revisited)
Message from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Sensor cleaning revisited)