Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Wide Angle 35mm f/2 Biogon T* ZM
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 18:09:57 -0500

> I bought my Leica for the exact opposite reason you did. I Like the crazy
> rangefinder, it makes candid photography easier. My SLR system is Olympus
> OM, with three OM-4T bodies. The OM-4T sucks for candid work because it has
> a huge amount of lag between pushing the button and the shutter firing. I
> put up with it for the incredible metering system and the OM lenses, which
> are spectacular. My OM lenses are all very late models made in the last
> years of OM production (they're a lot better than many of the earlier
> Olympus lenses).
>
> I have shot both Olympus and Leica on the same projects and no one can tell
> the difference in the images between photos made with the OM 50mm f1.4 and
> the 50mm Tabbed Summicron that I have.

Ah so you're in it for the rangefinder. Glass is not the issue!
Olympus = Leica but with no rangefinder.
Photos? To me output wise that's just real vague as people use that term in
the past decade and it means pretty much nothing. It means output.
People want to show you  their "photos" and they pull out their Iphone.
Does that mean a print of some kind or size? Uploads? Looking at images on
your monitor you'd put on a Cd?
I'm sure you  could have shot some with a credit card camera and no one
would have noticed those looking any different either.
Most of the people on this list would just assume shoot with 4/3's as full
frame. Output seems not to be the issue.
This unfortunately makes the input just as arbitrary.
And in this case sure 1000 = 3000 usd.
Olympus = Leica

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner