Subject: [Leica] greetings
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:51:27 -0500

all commercial air carriers in the u.s. insist "anything with batteries or
an on/off switch" should not be used below 10,000 feet altitude.
there is no federal law regarding this.
it is left up to the airlines themselves.

so while there is generally no policy prohibiting photography on board most
airlines,
they can and do kick up a fuss when digital cameras are used.

the regulations they use involve "disobeying crew instructions + disrupting
crew operations on board an aircraft"
which is almost unbeatable in any court.

given that this country has educators and police departments that see
nothing wrong in handcuffing and arresting a 12-year old girl for doodling
on a school desk,
("said Alexa. "They told me with a pencil this could still happen.")
you can be sure no one in court will find a case against an amateur
photographer too silly to proceed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/education/2010/02/05/2010-02-05_cuffed_for_doodling_on_a_desk.html

thus i have taken to using my M6 without batteries all the time so i can do
it onboard too.

plus it makes me think about the photograph.

thanks to all in the group who have commented :-)
bharani

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] greetings)