Subject: [Leica] M8 + M9 Batteries......
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:32:50 -0800

I thought about your comments ..... before I bought my first batteries...

There is only 1 ( now 2) camera that uses this battery. The volume of sales
is so low, I doubt there are 2 suppliers and really doubt about more than 2,
of these batteries throughout the world.  Given that, I believe these are
the same batteries that Leica supplies, at a bargain price.  Hong Kong,
China or wherever they are made, they have worked for a lot of us.  If you
travel a bit ( and I know you do, Nathan) then a backup battery is most
important.  I have 4 aftermarket batteries and they all work fine.  Total
investment is a lot less than $100.

The real question is if these are first quality or rejects.....and for less
than 10% of the Leica price, I can live with shortened life expectancy.

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Well, you get what you pay for, including Chinese quality control. I too had
an aftermarket battery for my M8 but ended up throwing it out after it
refused to hold a charge. However, other cheap batteries I have had worked
quite well.

Nathan

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M8 + M9 Batteries......)
Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M8 + M9 Batteries......)