Subject: [Leica] Loading reels
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:18:12 -0500

I opened my eyes a few times in my darkroom loading film and realized I
could see. More than once. Just about see.
So I had to take various precautions every once in awhile.
Not too many glow tapes in the darkroom. An odd safelight left on.
Outside room light is off in case door seal gets funky and light is
streaming in under the door.
I never really ruined any film this way I'm sure a thing like this happened
about every other year.
Its not good if you can see in the darkroom if you've got the safelights off
and you're not supposed to be able to.
If you can see your film; your film can see you.

I had an assistant light a match to light his clove cigarette without
thinking once. A long long time ago.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jefffery Smith) ([Leica] Loading reels)