Subject: [Leica] M6 Initiation
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:28:59 -0500

> Wendy,
> The way I mastered metal reels was to do it with a waste roll in the
> daylight over and over, until I could see how to cup the film, and I did it
> then with my eyes closed, peeking if I needed to.  It didn't take long to
> get the hang of it.  I never was much good with plastic reels after I
> learned nikors.
>

> --
> Regards,

I taught a couple of dozen people most of them my assistants how to load
metal reels. Most when the were shown how to do it and did it never had a
problem with it again.
A trick is to put the reel on the table on end and roll the film in by
rolling the wheel. Keep the film slightly curved as it goes in.
Usually a screw up is a result of an old cheep dented reel.
Got a Hewes. Thick. Not wires. The Leica of reels. Worth it.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from thurmanphoto at gmail.com (Wendy Thurman) ([Leica] M6 Initiation)