Subject: [Leica] IMG: the work of a photographer facing trial in Uzbekistan
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:38:49 -0500

Human Rights Watch has been tracking the case of a young female Uzbek
photographer who has made authorities angry because her pictures capture
aspects of life they find embarassing and politically charged. The
photographs themselves -- a dozen of them on the HRW web site -- are very
good, very Leica-M8-looking to my eye; plus I thought luggers in general
would want to be aware of the political consequences in some parts of the
world that come from  photographing, for instance, a weeping bride embracing
her father.

Check out the site and the photos here:
http://www.hrw.org/en/features/umida-ahmedova-photographer-facing-trial

Many thanks for taking a look.