Subject: [Leica] Life magazine photographers
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:40:05 -0500

John Edwin Mason writes:

The current issue of American Photo (March/April 2010) has in it a
fascinating article by the late W. Eugene Smith (never before published)
about his 1952 Life magazine photo essay on Charlie Chaplin.

http://books.google.com/books?id=x1QEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA117&dq=smith+chaplin+limelight&as_pt=MAGAZINES&cd=1#v=onepage&q=smith%20chaplin%20limelight&f=false

http://bit.ly/cx9SKd
 - - - - -

All very interesting but if you scroll up the pages in Life Magazine you
will come across a full page picture of a smiling General Dwight Eisenhower
holding a Stereo Realist camera. Eisenhower was a dedicated stereo
photographer. a technique which is enjoying a resurgence in popularity
thanks to films like Avatar. I may have to dig out my old Nimslo and snap
off a few 3D pics.

Larry Z