Subject: [Leica] mephisto walking shoes over doctor merten oxfords?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:39:48 -0500

I love my Mephistos and they are very comfortable, but my very favorite
hiking boots, the ones I've worn to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, the top
of Machu Pichu and all over Honduras and Guatemala, are Birkenstocks with a
big toe box and negative heel.  My feet never hurt in those boots and I can
hike for miles.

Tina

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages at comcast.net>
wrote:

> I gottal tell ya, Mephistos make really durable (and repairable) hiking and
> walking boots/shoes.
>
> Very basic designs.  Not a lot of plastic or reflective tape or faux
> militair stuff.
>
> They really last.
>
> I have the classic ankle-high model with lotsa laces up to the ankle -
> really good support.  For walking I have the "shoe" version; same design
> just not as high.
>
> --
Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com