Subject: [Leica] Tina's photo criticism discussion
From: gkase at ccfc.com (George Kase)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:53:28 -0600

Tina, as usual, your work is exemplary. No matter what the final intended
purpose of this photo, it stands on its own as a great picture. Just on the
basis of its composition and the play of lights and darks it has a strong
aesthetic design...and not even knowing who this person is or where they are
from, I would say that just from this picture I can tell she has a lot going
on in her life. We can see that she has many worlds that she must concern
herself with and that all those complicating aspects intrude into the
interior of her existance...children, chickens and pieces of her tools and
environment,  and their patina of use and interaction with their
surroundings, splayed about the small confines of this image testify that
she has neither a simple life, nor an easy one. This one picture says a lot
about her life because there, obviously, is so much to say.  Oh, and it
doesn't matter what direction she is looking...I would have prefered
straight into camera but that matters not a whit. From the standpoint of
composition, content and technical control of what is displayed I would say
excellent photograph! Congrats.
George
Chicago