Subject: [Leica] Hassy CFV workflow suggestions?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:56:15 -0500

> Mark...nope..photoshop CS won't open em unless you "upgrade" to CS4 or
> something else needlessly "feature rich"...
> Alastair...thanks for that, I now see that LR can actually create finish
> files and can use various plug ins and now realize that I can open the
> files
> in photoshop CS and NOT, importantly, "upgrade" to any "face recognizing",
> "GPS locating" "made easy-for-you" "new and better" software...hell, I was
> really upset that I had to "upgrade" to CS in the first place...not to
> mention it took me a while to figure out how to stop iPhoto from grabbing
> and "filing" all of my images...sorry for the rant...just can't stand the
> constant forced march to having to continually spend more money to do the
> same simple task. Anyway, now if I can figure out how the hell
> LRs file model works so I can fit it into my dyslexic and disorganized
> world
> view, I'll be all set...but now I see at least I can create a giant output
> file for printing from my print supplier...thanks very much! By the way,
> Hasselblad's Phocus has no provisions for outputing files like LR does and
> since it looks and works very similar to LR, I just assumed LR was equally
> functionally disabled. I asked Hasselblad about whether they were at all
> worried that other photo processing software that would need to import
> Phocus files would alter them somehow and they said they didn't think any
> file alteration would occur. I'm not so sure about that...so, Phocus is
> out,
> LR seems to be in and since I do no retouching and only minor alterations
> in
> levels I may not need to go to photoshop CS anymore...just hope I don't
> have
> to "upgrade" LR continuously from now on...Thanks again,
> George
> Chicago

Photoshop  now CS4 is still the backbone of serious digital photography as
it has been for two decades now I love hearing how its "needlessly feature
rich" from people who think nothing about walking around with exquisite
cameras and glass costing tens of thousands of dollars. But want cheap
software to make it go.
I bet you guys miss the days when you could just bring it into the
drugstore.
Keep your Photoshop updated. And if you have any money left over buy
rarified toys to run through it.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Hassy CFV workflow suggestions?)