Subject: [Leica] Olympus hits back with a stripped down micro 4:3 for $599 w/ lens
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:02:40 -0500

Peter et al.,
I fully agree with you regarding the LCD screens and their utility in
bright light or dark situations.  I am amazed this Leica(!) list is
so enamoured by digital cameras w/o rangefinders.

I am also monitoring this micro 4/3rds developement closely.  I like
the general idea of interchangeable lenses and larger than p&s
sensor, but I want a decent rangefinder on my micro 4/3 camera.  The
lack of (a precise) VF/RF  made me sell the Canon G10 which is
otherwise a fairly decent camera to carry with you at all times.

Why can these companies not revive the nice rangefinder technology
they once had (Olympus with their 35RC/RD,  Canon with 7S/Canonet
series etc.) and build these into their digital cameras?  Is it
because enough amateurs are satisfied with viewing their images at
arm's length?

What we need is an affordable alternative to the M9.  Leica M mount
or screw mount, I will take it.
Jan

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Olympus hits back with a stripped down micro 4:3 for $599 w/ lens)