Subject: [Leica] Rabs' sense of snow
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 12:20:51 -0500

http://rabinergroup.com/ImagePages/creekbedsnowpage.html
I got my first camera with adjustments December '65 For Hanukah / Christmas.
A Voigtl?nder Vito BL, Color-Skopar 1:2,8/50, Prontor SVS shutter
http://www.enter-net.de/auktion/photo/vitobl.htm

I went outside in the snow after opening up all my presents  and getting
dressed with a  first roll of Ektachrome 64 in the camera.
I lived on Riverside Drive in Northfield Illinois.
The river was really a creek which had frozen over. It was a newly made
development we lived in the Hamilton reversed. Garage on the right.
I lay on my stomach in the snow on the  frozen over creek and took this
picture. I was 14 in 1964.  My mom entered it into a contest in Sterns
camera store on Elm Street in Winnetka. I won a prize I think second. She'd
had a 5x7 made put it in a matt. They put it on the wall.
It in effect if you don't count Brownies its my first roll of film.
I still use the shot. Loved that zone focusing.
A case could be made that that is why I became a photographer.
And I live on Riverside Drive still. Right off it.
Only this time its the real river - the Hudson.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Rabs' sense of snow)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Rabs' sense of snow)