Subject: [Leica] Snowmageddon in Dixie
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 20:11:38 -0800

Strange weather. You get a ton of snow, and we
get none. No snow this year yet, and the Winter
Olympics are to start here in a week. Our main
mountain, Whistler, is far enough away and high
enough to get plenty of snow, but the local
mountain that is to host the snowboard events is
in desparate need, and has had constant
truckloads of snow hauled in from the interior.

Daytime highs have been about 13 or 14?C (55-57?)
lately, and nighttime lows about 8? (47?F).
Camellias, crocus, daffodils and cherries are
doing well, though.

It's been about 5 years since we had no snow.
Well, we could still get some, but it usually
comes earlier.

A nice series of pictures.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff