Subject: [Leica] IMG: Colors - a snowstorm antidote
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 12:00:51 -0500

>From the AP wire:

"WASHINGTON (Feb. 6) -- A blizzard battered the Mid-Atlantic region
Saturday, with emergency crews struggling to keep pace with the heavy, wet
snow that has piled up on roadways, toppled trees and left thousands without
electricity.

The National Weather Service called the storm "extremely dangerous."

Officials urged people to huddle at home and out of the way of emergency
crews. Forecasters said the storm could be the biggest for the nation's
capital in modern history.

A record 2? feet or more was predicted for Washington. As of early Saturday,
10 inches of snow was reported at the White House, while parts of Maryland
and West Virginia were buried under more than 20 inches. Forecasters
expected snowfall rates to increase, up to 2 inches per hour through
Saturday morning.

Blizzard warnings were issued for the District of Columbia, Baltimore, parts
of New Jersey and Delaware, and some areas west of the Chesapeake Bay."

I thought a little color would be appropriate today.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Colors.jpg.html

This is a scene in Masid Moth, a Moslem enclave in south New Delhi. It is
about 1/2 mile from where I lived and was on my daily walk to work. The
camera was a Rollei 35S, my pocket camera at the time.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] IMG: Colors - a snowstorm antidote)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Colors - a snowstorm antidote)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Colors - a snowstorm antidote)