Subject: [Leica] Textbooks on the iPad
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 15:13:55 -0500

I guess we were prescient. It seems that textbooks for colleges will be the
first major publishing use of the iPad. Read all about it on the CNET site.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10446865-37.html?tag=hotTopicsBody.1

"Publishers Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Kaplan Publishing, McGraw-Hill
Education, and Pearson have signed deals to be among the first to port their
textbooks over to Apple's new tablet. Heading to the iPad as well as
the *iPhone
* <http://www.cnet.com/apple-iphone.html>and *iPod
Touch*<http://www.cnet.com/ipod/>will be their textbooks, study
guides, and test prep manuals."