Subject: [Leica] iPad and textbooks
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 10:44:47 -0800

Rick.  I would/do have just the opposite tendency.  I would want a hard copy
of any book I wanted to keep and just have a virtual copy of the fluff.  I
have yet to master reading off a screen anything technical where I need to
flip back and forth often to make comparisons or to re-read something in
light of the newer information I have just read.  While very adept at new
technology (was the building tech person at school for the last 7 years of
my career, handling all sorts of problems with all sorts of devices and
networks), I still love the feel of  a book in hand.  It will never go
obsolete due to technology changes, and never be lost due to a crash.

Aram