Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wood Duck
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 11:11:55 -0500

> Thanks all for your comments!  Except for cloning out a reflection of
> another
> duck from one corner, the backgrounds are un-manipulated.
>
> I asked about the backgrounds in particular because I had a discussion with
> SWMBO on this topic.  We agreed that the calmer, more subtle background of
> the
> second photo works better with the female duck's plumage but for the first
> photo one of us (I won't say who) would rather have had the background more
> like the second photo, while the other felt the brighter background was
> better
> for the male.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

On my newer technology LED not LCD screen on my Mac pro book it looks kind
of painterly in a maybe slightly odd way and desaturated in color from the
stuff going on in the foreground. This from a guy who actually LOOKS at the
background and that I think is 1 out of 1000 doing that... Not looking at
the duck.
An key issue might be "how does it print"?
I think it will print perfectly. Flatten out. No glow.
And if you ask one thousand people "what's wrong with this print?" and pay
them each a dollar for a concise answer not one of the will say "Painterly
swirls in the water behind the ducks."
Other than that just ducky!

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner