Subject: [Leica] iPad and textbooks
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:24:51 -0800

On Feb 5, 2010, at 7:20 AM, Spencer Cheng wrote:

> $50 a pop? Not even when I went to school a longtime ago. :)
>
> Engineering and computer science textbooks are more likely to be $100-$200
> today. I've bought a technical book for work once that was about $1/page.
>
> Publish or perish still applies though. How else will they judge if
> someone is worthy of a professorship?
>
> If I am in school today, I would happily buy anything that would allow me
> not to carry around 5Kg of paper every day to/from class. I have computer
> so an extension like an iPad would not be a problem.
>
> Regards,
> Spencer

and all of this apples to medical school where books cost $300 and more,
weigh a ton, hardly get read, and are replaced in 2-3 years by an updated
version that everyone absolutely must have...

you guys are convincing me...

Steve

Message from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] iPad and textbooks)