Subject: [Leica] OT Pana GF1 (20 pancake) & Ricoh GRD-III Mark's views now he has a GF1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 09:00:19 -0500

> A GF1  is a great camrea to have if you are operating on a budget and don't
> have an M9.
> I can't imagine having an M9  in my actual possession and  then  going out
> and shooting with a  Panasonic GF1 ! Becaue its my latest toy? Why buy on
> in
> the first place?
> For images as shown 600 x 900 pixels  as seen here it certainly makes no
> difference. But then so would images made with a credit card camera look
> about the same at this size.
> For a serious use like an 11x 14 or 11x17 inch print it does.
> Having scored an M9 I find going out and getting a camrea like a  Panasonic
> GF1 calling it a " smashing piece of kit" and shooting with it instead just
> plain odd.! When does photography became crafting a fine image and not
> conditional consumption and playing around?
>

> [Rabs]
> Mark William Rabiner

My advice to people who have managed to obtain a Leica M9.
Learn to use it! Then do so!
It doesn't do anybody any good sitting on you hotel bed while your out
shooting with the latest micromoter plastic here today gone tomorrow trendy
amateur gadget.
Getting an M9 would make for a good time to offload a few cameras. Not buy
more.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jimlists at spectare.com (Jim Laurel) ([Leica] OT Pana GF1 (20 pancake) & Ricoh GRD-III Mark's views now he has a GF1)