Subject: [Leica] IMG: Night Shot, Leica M9 With Summilux 35 Severely Cropped
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 19:59:24 -0700

Jim Nichols writes:

> Hi Greg,
>
> To me, this one is much sharper than the previous one made with the
> Jupiter
> lens. It's nice to be able to read the tube labels on the chasis. Nice
> work.

Hi Jim,

I was shooting the Jupiter wide open, hand held. The Summilux stopped down
on a tripod.

The Leica lens costs about 22 times more then (the made in 1963) Soviet lens
so it should be much sharper.

Haven't directly compared the two but I like the Jupiter very much for
portraits of Grandma and the way it renders colour images.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Night Shot, Leica M9 With Summilux 35 Severely Cropped)