Subject: [Leica] EYE BLINK TIME? FALSE START????????????? AFTERTHE GUN?????????
From: filippiniaia at hotmail.com (Matthew B. Filippini)
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:30:37 -0600

Steve Barbour wrote:

>I'd love to see some sort of documentation of this fact/rule...
>
>pseudo documentation will do...   (written, with out an IIRC)
>
>:-)
>

>Steve

Here you go:  from the IAAF (International Amateur Athletic Association, the
sport's governing body) rulebook:

Rule 161-2:

"...The Starter and/or an assigned Recaller shall wear
headphones in order to clearly hear the acoustic signal emitted when
the apparatus detects a false start (i.e. when reaction time is less than
100/1000ths of a second). As soon as the Starter and/or an assigned
Recaller hears the acoustic signal, and if the gun is fired, there shall
be a recall and the Starter shall immediately examine the reaction
times on the false start control apparatus in order to confirm which
athlete(s) is/are responsible for the false start. This system is strongly
recommended for all other competitions...."

Matt

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469228/direct/01/

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] EYE BLINK TIME? FALSE START????????????? AFTERTHE GUN?????????)