Subject: [Leica] old IMGs: Northern India 1988
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:32:51 -0800

Bob wrote:
Oliver,
Some absolutely wonderful photographs here. And what a great journey you
had; one many of us only dream of.
Thank you for taking the time to prepare and show these; obviously no small
effort!
Please keep more coming,
Bob"

Thank you, Bob, for your comments and compliments! It did take some time and
effort which had its own rewards in remembering this adventure. I think
there is something to be said for "going through the shoebox" even though
the medium has changed significantly. One of the challenges - which I'm sure
others among us have experienced - was cropping scanned 35mm slides of very
tight compositions.
Oliver

Nathan wrote:
"Great album, Oliver. I would have liked more captions, though.
Would be interesting to see how the places you visited look now, 22 years
later.Could you go back an re-shoot? :-))
Cheers,
Nathan"

Nathan, thank you for your comments. I agree that the comments are not as
informative as I like to make them; I can only plead memory decay, seemingly
exponential as a function of age... I'll let you know when I can come up
with substantive improvements.
I'd love to go back and re-shoot but after looking at several websites that
currently advertise travel into northern India I have the feeling that mass
tourism and trekking, as well as specialized yatra tours, might not make the
experience as appealing as it was for me...
Oliver