Subject: [Leica] Re bayoneted Leica R lenses
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:42:33 +0800

Hi Luggers,
A "heads up" about re-bayoneted Leica R lenses. I was out yesterday
shooting panos of rice terraces in central Bali
and had trouble getting focus confirmation in the D700 with my 28
Elmarit R. I took the lens off and checked it and
discovered play in the Leitax mount. The screws holding the bayonet on
had started to loosen! I managed to tighten
them with a kitchen knife at the restaurant where we stopped for lunch
so not much was lost - but I thought I
would mention it to Luggers who shoot R lenses with Leitax bayonets.
I remember a discussion on the LUG from several years ago about a type
of Lock Tite that was not permanent.
I think I need some of this product to keep the screws tight on my R
lenses.
Anybody recall the name of the product?
Cheers
Howard.