Subject: [Leica] OT: Watches
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:42:39 -0700

Carl Socolow writes:

> Watches. Uh oh. I'm coming late to this thread so forgive me if I'm
> beating a dead horse or keeping an off-topic alive when it should
> already be dying off. My wife gave me, several years ago, a watch I
> lusted after. Mechanical, of course. It's a Tutima FX Chronograph
> UTC. It has the same caliber that many of the high end manual watches
> use: Valjoux 7750 series (modified). Rolex, Glasshutte, Omega and a
> number of others have used this caliber or that made by ETA. I love
> the watch because it can keep track of three different time zones. I
> really wanted it, at the time, because I was using a lot of Polaroid
> film for proofing lighting set-ups and the chronograph came in handy
> for processing timing. Now, I just use the histogram on the camera
> back. Anyway, here's a link to the watch. Thanks, all, for sharing in
> this passion.
>
> http://tutima.com/en/product_info.php?products_id=43

Very nice! Hopefully Brian will let the List gearhounds talk OT about
watches while the Apple lover's discuss the newest Job's product. We may
need to start taking and posting pictures of some of this to continue though
;->.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary. Canada

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390709/direct/01/