Subject: [Leica] Great Moments in the History of Communism
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 03:49:13 -0500

> Geoff, what some people found ironic is the commemoration by a Western
> company
> of a Communist takeover 60 years ago and the implied glorification of the
> tyranny that followed. Nobody is saying that Leica should not sell its
> products in countries with nasty governments like China or Russia, but
> some of
> us do not like the further step of issuing commemorative editions to
> glorify
> those regimes.
>
> Cheers,
> Nathan

You're not saying but you are saying it.
This is why politics is not recommended on the LUG.
Actually I'm not sure but I believe its not permitted.
It quickly leads to off center off based stuff like this.
It would be so great to not have to be exposed to the politics of my camera
email people. It would be so great to just not know. I'd rather be exposed
to their ground breaking stance on UV filter use or do they think  "film is
dead". Or other inanities that might actually have something to so with
photography but more the the point NOT reactionary politics.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Great Moments in the History of Communism)