Subject: [Leica] Russian Pres & S2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 01:05:22 -0500

> Steve Barbour wrote:
>
>> I don't like to be manipulated.
>
> Neither do I but it's all around us nearly every hour of every day.  Print
> and
> broadcast "news" media, product placement in entertainment products, the
> design of company logos... and then we get to advertising.  It's all about
> manipulation.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

We used to complain in the old LUG that the were not putting out the word.
As they were not. It was hard to find a Leica ad or promo anywhere 12 or 15
years ago.  It was  like a secret society.  People thought Leica had gone
out of business years before.  Now they are out there making it happen and
the LUG complains about that. Its a BAD THING  NOW the head of a major
country is caught with a Leica in his hand. Its always possible to put a
pain in the ass spin on something.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner