Subject: [Leica] Wildlife photography controversy
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:31:05 -0500

it's certainly a nice photo either way, but a tamed or trained animal versus
a wild animal certainly changes the perception I have of the photo, not to
mention its place in a wildlife exhibition.

I'm sure Doug Herr does not regard birds in hand in the same light he does
wild, free birds. Talk about a game changer.

this also addresses the discussion here a few weeks ago about the value of
captions with photos. the distinction made here affects the strength of the
photo in my eyes.

 it rather reminds me of the "dramatic reenactments" so popular on today's
reality television. maybe better for certain viewers, by surely NOT
documentary

ric

Message from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Wildlife photography controversy)