Subject: [Leica] Flying With Camera Gear Post 25 Dec, 2009
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 07:02:55 +0000

Hi Mark,
all countries have immigration policies and security at airports. The US
authorities can be amongst the rudest and most self-important I come across
in about 100 flights per year. I say can be, since as in every
generalisation there are exceptions and I remember a very stressed and
overloaded official in Indianapolis dealing with a plane load of people who
were not expected (Indy does not normally get international travellers and
the airline is supposed to inform them and ours had not). He behaved
efficiently and with great dignity on a day when he was the only immigration
guy working. I was most impressed and I told him so.
Being polite and considerate is easy and costs nothing. It does not
antagonise people and minimises the likelihood of people being rude back. If
you start off surly and obnoxious it is no surprise if your victims respond
in like fashion.
Frank

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Flying With Camera Gear Post 25 Dec, 2009)