Subject: [Leica] IMG: film stuff from the holidays
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 09:24:08 -0500

i really much prefer the convenience and speed of digital, but scanning old
negs the past few weeks, i find film has one big advantage:

I stand a lot better chance of pulling out a small portion of an image with
film than with digital. I guess it's the random size and shape of grain that
is less offensive than the regular little boxes of digital.

Of course, that may be related to my upbringing with film.

ric

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: film stuff from the holidays)
Message from michiel.fokkema at gmail.com (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] IMG: film stuff from the holidays)